We’re looking for talented programmers to work with us on an exciting unannounced game for PC and console!
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the technical lead, you will:
- Work in C# and Unity to develop game systems for a variety of devices.
- Write code for all areas of our games, from gameplay and user interface to special effects and plugins.
- Learn new skills and turn your hand to arising challenges, such as: networking, shaders, native code, optimisation and debugging hardware-specific issues.
- Meet complex requirements with creative and elegant solutions.
- Collaborate effectively with other members of the programming team.
- Work with project leads to ensure technical goals are achievable.
- Contribute to design discussions, bringing a new perspective and new ideas.
What We Want
We’re after an ambitious, talented candidate with:
- Degree level education in a relevant discipline.
- A sharp mind and great problem-solving ability.
- Solid game programming skills and experience working with other people’s code.
- A history of writing good code in C# or C++ with a well-developed Object-Oriented mindset.
- Experience building games in Unity.
- Confidence in moving to new languages and platforms, and eager to take on new challenges.
- Strong analytical and mathematical abilities.
- A passion for developing and playing games.
- Good time-management skills, able to meet deadlines both with and without pressure.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
You don’t need any of these to apply, but they will ‘plus’ your application.
- Experience in console game development.
- Experience writing online multiplayer code.
- Skills writing C++ or shaders.
- Experience leading other coders.
We have permanent and fixed-term roles available, working in our office in Brighton. We are accepting entry level candidates as well as current juniors looking for a new project. Salary will be based on experience.
Second Impact Games is a micro-studio on Brighton’s sunny south coast. We’re a passionate, creative team who focus on making fun games. Being a small team, everyone gets a big say in what we do and how we do it. We love making games, and we hope you’ll love making games with us.