JUNIOR IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT)
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD
REPORTING TO THE IT SUPPORT MANAGER
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our seven development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, HARDlight, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours, even more so with everyone working remotely during COVID-19…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our online gaming nights and free SEGA games on Steam
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with our weekly virtual yoga classes as well as online physical therapy with our masseuse.
- We hold regular company updates to keep everyone in the loop and we stay connected with social events like virtual pub quizzes and art workshops
- We support your learning & development with access to online courses through Udemy, and webinars and resources on mental health and financial wellbeing
- When you’re in the virtual office, we’ll make sure you have everything you need when it comes to tech/furniture, and we pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of your home office
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
We are looking for a new member to join a team providing 1st and 2nd line support for PC users in a busy corporate IT network environment. Candidates must have experience working on a busy corporate help desk.
The key emphasis for this position is on good communication skills, both verbal and written, with good attention to detail and a good work ethic.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line IT support to SEGA employees
- Assembly, installation and deployment of PCs and user hardware
- Software and hardware troubleshooting for diverse implementations
- Provide application and networking support for Microsoft Windows PCs
- Installation and support for Microsoft Office 365 and other desktop applications
- Basic user administration for Windows Active Directory, InTune, Azure and Office 365
- Provide support for printers, video conferencing and other peripheral equipment
- Support the team with the distribution of Apple iPhones
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable experience working in a customer support role
With your soft skills, we’re looking for somebody who can:
- Inspire confidence and gain trust of the users
- Work effectively as a team member
- Work under stress and complete tasks assigned in a timely manner
- Identify potential issues and resolve in a proactive manner
- Be pro-active, thinking ahead to identify tasks that need to be carried out and have the motivation to complete these on own initiative
- Have the ability to plan and carry out work when regularly unsupervised
- Be confident and professional in dealing with senior members of the company
- Be clear and concise communicator both written and verbally
- Have the flexibility to react quickly, reschedule and prioritise workload
- Be confident in assessing situations and taking decisions solely when unsupervised.