Junior IT Technician (Linux) – Console Games Studio – Liverpool
A Liverpool based Games studio are currently looking for an IT Technician to work on their IT Infrastructure for an upcoming expansion. The studio already has an IT Infrastructure in place so your task will be to build on this, making amendments and improvements for the future.
Working closely with the Studio Heads and Technical Director, you will be tasked with the overall management of the studio’s systems, computers, hardware and general infrastructure. As the main point of contact, you’ll be on hand to provide internal support to users and help maintain/install packages, PC’s, setting up new users (onsite and remote) and other related aspects that may arise.
The ideal candidate will show initiative at the highest level and be curious about new technologies in Video games - this will make the role more rewarding for the successful individual.
Ideally a background in video games, entertainment, film or TV would be preferred, as you will have a bigger understanding of the infrastructure to support these applications. Alternatively, a degree in Computer Science (or similar IT Degree) and a massive passion to work in this industry would also be enough.
- Up to date knowledge of Debian Linux Environments
- Good knowledge of information security technologies
- Knowledge of Shell Scripting languages
- Experience of automation systems such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Good communication skills
- Ability to design and implement IT infrastructures and processes
- Experience or passion to work in the games industry
- A Degree in Computer Science (or similar IT related Degree)
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a studio who are working on amazing games, which have a great reputation in the games community and have been bought/downloaded and played by audiences in the high millions. To apply please send your CV to email@example.com