Junior Quality Assurance Technician – FTC
SEGA HARDlight is looking for a Junior QA Technician to join our diverse and talented team. This is a great opportunity to level up your skills as you work across our current and future projects. You will work across the portfolio of titles we have at HARDlight, both before and after release they are released to ensure that any issues are found and communicated to the team.
This means working as a unit to comprehensively test games to discover potential “bugs” and once found, you’ll be responsible for providing an accurate report to communicate with the Engineering team on how best we can resolve the issue as a team.
You’ll work closely as a QA team to ensure that the game is always running the best it can be and issues are identified and solved as quickly as possible. This will require someone who likes to problem solve, someone who likes details and enjoys being both methodical and inquisitive in there day to day role in order to better stress test each asset, feature, game or whatever it is you’re working on that day!
- Finding bugs & identifying their severity and reproduction steps for the development team
- Feedback on quality & playability in our games
- Enter professional, clear, accurate and complete bug descriptions
- Honestly and effectively communicate important issues and actively work with all colleagues in the studio to produce quality titles
- Bug database management, ensuring that the quality of the bugs meets the required standard and the database is kept in a tidy order
- Liaise with external test teams
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Essential
- Basic use of the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Self-motivated, positive attitude and driven in your approach to solving problems
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced agile environment
- Familiarity with bug tracking software – Confluence, Hansoft, SharePoint, AppCenter, etc
- Familiarity with testing mobile devices
- Some experience in a previous QA role
Why work at HARDlight?
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people.
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in various social groups and enjoy free SEGA games on Steam
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with our weekly virtual yoga classes as well as online physical therapy with our masseuse.
- We hold regular company updates to keep everyone in the loop and we stay connected with social events like virtual pub quizzes and more
- We support your learning & development with access to online courses through Udemy, and webinars and resources on mental health and financial wellbeing
- When you’re in the virtual office, we’ll make sure you have everything you need when it comes to tech/furniture, and we pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of your home office
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be.
We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
We will be taking a hybrid working approach and you will be expected to work 3 days in the office with the option of 2 days out of the office.