Role Overview - Junior Software Engineer
Do you love working with Unity to create games that have an impact on an adoring fanbase? If so then we have an opportunity for you to work with the devoted team here on our live mobile games involving a world-renowned IP with 100’s of millions of downloads to boot!
As a Junior Software Engineer you will form a part of a small and dynamic team in house that work to improve our games with new features, improving graphic fidelity across the range of formats and more. You’ll be able to learn from our passionate team who continue to push the boundaries of what our game can do.
But this doesn’t mean you won’t have the chance to make an impact yourself, we are a firm believer in learning and development and that goes both ways. Your ideas and thoughts will be taken on board and we encourage you to share them, with nothing being too crazy to consider!
With our live titles no two days will be the same with a variety of challenges to keep you engaged happening all the time and that’s not all. You will also work on projects that will see you targeting the latest platforms, including the like of the Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5 consoles. With a small and dynamic team, you will have variety in your work, as well as the freedom to develop creative solutions to the problems you come across.
- Work as a member of the software engineering team to design and implement game systems & project features
- Assist with planning, work estimation, and task scheduling
- Work with the other departments to complete work on time to a high standard
- Adhere to and enforce good software engineering practices and company tech standards
- Care about the games we are making and how they can be better
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience in C# OR C++ is required, and proactive approach to problem solving
- You have good communication skills
- You care about the development process and improve it at every opportunity
- Good understanding of Object Oriented programming techniques
- Working with continuous integration, source control, and code review software
Why work at HARDlight
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes ULEV car salary sacrifice, life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme
- We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making HARDlight the best it can be
- For gaming buffs, we offer free SEGA games on Steam and a home technology scheme
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride-to-work scheme. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to help work fit around you
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team, developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue
- We pride ourselves on helping you achieve your ambitions and offer Udemy courses to help improve your skills to become better equipped to further your career
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
The role will initially be remote, as we have not returned to the office yet. The expectation is that when we do return to the office, we will be taking a hybrid working approach and you will be expected to work 3 days in the office with the option of 2 days out of the office.