Project: Open World Games
Our client is seeking a Lead 3D Artist to join and work closely with the Art Director and Art Leads to build and maintain qualitative goals and artistic consistency for 3D art, setting high visual standards, and defining project style and tone.
The successful candidate will be a well-rounded team ambassador: a master communicator, collaboration encourager, and skilled artist. You understand the next-gen 3D creation process along with its technical and artistic constraints. You can step in to coach your team, find solutions to setbacks, and deliver feedback with confidence.
- Strong experience in a 3D Art or Modeler role in the game industry
- Prior leadership experience
- Mastery of 3D art fundamentals of topology, materials, textures, proportion, and anatomy + animation and game limitations
- Expert-level proficiency with Z-Brush, Autodesk Maya, 3ds Max, Substance Suite and/or other 3D software packages
- Experience using Perforce or equivalent VCS
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 and production management tools
- Bachelor/Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Excellent English communication, organization, mentorship, time management and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding self-motivation and initiative
- A keen interest in playing games and game development beyond art
- Work closely with the project Art Director to develop a style and provide consistent quality across all 3D art
- Collaborate with other Art Leads and Producers to coordinate 3D Art resources, establishing schedules and priorities
- Lead, mentor and motivate 3D artists as they develop and polish their work throughout the 3D pipeline
- Review integrated work, ensuring its aligned with the artistic direction and can animate well
- Balance artistic aspects with technical constraints, maintaining quality and performance standards
- Carry out key department responsibilities that include hiring, training, appraising performance and resolving issues
- Stay up to date on best practices to keep up with the latest next-gen industry standards
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!