OPM’s client is all about crafting the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. They are growing the studio for exciting new projects on PC and console and are looking for a talented and passionate Lead AI Programmer to help create them.
As a Lead AI Programmer, you will focus on Setting clear technical direction, intent, and best practices within your team & Communicating ideas, intent, and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Setting clear technical direction, intent, and best practices within your team.
- Identifying risks and blockers early and proactively removing them.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Working closely with project leadership to plan long term road maps and improve development processes.
- Seeing the big picture impact of decisions and critically evaluating them.
- Nurturing professional growth within your team with an enthusiastic attitude and a team-first mentality.
- Communicating ideas, intent, and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Expert knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Strong understanding of game-development related 3D maths principles.
- The leadership skills to lead an AI development team.
- Professional experience iteratively implementing AI features from inception to delivery.
- Experience working in all phases of game development, from feature design to planning and establishing roadmaps, implementation, and bug-fixing.
- A strong understanding of AI behavioural & navigational techniques used in modern games.
- A strong interest in researching and implementing new AI related technologies.
- Experience working closely with design teams and leadership to elicit requirements and help shape great AI-driven game experiences. ???????
BONUS SKILLS (Good to have)
- Professional development experience with real-time networked multiplayer games.
- Professional Unreal Engine development experience on PC and/or consoles.
- Excellent knowledge with multi-threaded development
- Great experience developing for Xbox Series, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and/or PS4.
- Profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, memory, and bandwidth usage.
- Experience in animation programming.
- Developing procedurally generated environments.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 426!