Project: FPS PC Game
This developer is celebrating 20 years in games development with many titles successfully shipped! An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Lead Animator to take significant ownership in growing and leading their animation team. You’ll manage the animation pipeline and processes as well as team reviews, mentoring and setting the benchmark to help them perform at their best.
- Experience in game production at Senior / Lead Level with shipped titles.
- Skilled with industry standard tools (Maya and Unreal Engine 4).
- In-depth understanding of animation principles and keyframe animation.
- Great knowledge of gameplay animation and its surrounding systems.
- Excellent leadership skills and experience within a management role.
- Able to handle and prioritise multiple tasks, delegate, and adjust the scope to meet deadlines and to excel under production conditions
- Outstanding communication skills across multiple disciplines; ability to give direction to achieve great results and work collaboratively.
- Knowledge sharing attitude and ability to coach less those with less experience.
- Spearhead the creation of engaging and believable in-game animations, setting the quality bar and following the artistic vision set out by the Art and Creative Directors on the project.
- Convey goals and values to the team and ensure the team’s work is pulling in the correct direction and foster a culture of team spirit and togetherness.
- Work alongside tech animators to ensure that the Animation blueprints are efficient, robust, and powerful.
- Take responsibility for the product’s final animation quality. Follow up on the engine implementation to ensure they adhere to the requirements set by art and gameplay (fluidity, timing, weight perception, performance, etc.)
- Provide feedback for animators in review cycles and ensure the animation vision is consistent across different features. Also, be open to feedback from your team to make self-improvements.
- Approximate high-level goals and provide solutions to high-level problems in planning, ensure team members have clear goals and know the deadlines and technical restrictions.
- Ensure the team's health and motivation for self-growth as well as drive to complete their tasks for the project’s success. (regular 1 on 1s, conflict resolution, employee engagement, and retention).
- Professional experience with 1st person and creature animation
- Great knowledge of the Unreal Animation Blueprints
- Solid knowledge of Motion Builder and mocap pipelines
- Basic rigging and skinning knowledge
- REMOTE work options
- VISA Sponsorship and Relocation Assistance provided
- Flexible work hours
- Pension scheme
- Public transport pass
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 425!