This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Console and PC Games
Our client is known as one of the most creative and exciting studios in the UK, they are intentionally recognised for their imaginative, pioneering storytelling games. We are looking for a Lead Animator to play a pivotal role in leading their experienced animation team on exciting new projects in development.
- Industry experience working on AAA games with a strong demo reel that reflects this.
- In-depth understanding of traditional animation principles and how they can be used to enhance gameplay.
- Comprehensive understanding of animation fundamentals for human and non-human characters.
- Demonstrable experience in creating animation of a high standard while maintaining visual and functional specifications for game mechanics.
- Understanding of the character creation process from concept to modelling and final rigging.
- Excellent practical knowledge of Maya.
- Good understanding of facial animation.
- Lead by example creating inspirational animation content and leadership for their AAA projects.
- Cooperate with the Art Director in realising the animation style and direction for the project.
- Lead responsibilities such as mentoring, scheduling and R&D into new approaches.
- Produce clear documentation of approaches, both technical and creative for animation.
- Maintain a keen interest in industry wide developments and advancement in technology to make sure project pipelines stay up to date.
- Work alongside other discipline Leads ensuring that the work of the animation team is created in the most efficient and technically responsible manner.
- Deliver high quality hand keyed animation, from both yourself and your team.
- Work with and understand Motion Capture data.
- Direct Mocap talent during character rehearsal and motion capture shoots.
- Experience in Motion Builder (Desirable)
- REMOTE from within the UK or VISA sponsorship and relocation assistance if required
- Competitive salaries
- Generous holiday allowance
- Flexible work hours
- Regular game jams
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!