This vacancy may offer a Remote Start until it's safe to relocation to the location. A part remote work contract may also be on offer once the studio reopens.
Project: AAA PC Games
This successful UK independent games developer is looking for a Lead Animator to join their expanding in-house animation team working on their largest PC game project!
Your task is to lead an established team of animators to produce high-quality, in-game animations. You will verify the quality of the animation in the game and plan the direction of motion capture shoots. As part of the Animation team, you will play a key role in ensuring the technical and artistic quality of the game. This role would also suit a Senior Animator who is looking for a new challenge in a leadership role.
- Expert knowledge of motion capture
- Excellent knowledge of 3D software such as Max or Maya
- Confident animating a variety of styles
- Expert knowledge of rigging and skinning
- Understanding of visual story telling
- Able to plan and prioritise work. Balancing resources, skills, priorities, and timescales
- Able to effectively communicate information and be persuasive. Whilst building long-term, trusting relationships with a wide range of people and building trust cross departments
- Lead a team of Animators with best practice people management techniques
- Collaborate with Head of Art, Head of Animation, Designers, Programmers and Producers to balance creative vision with production realities
- Plan and direct motion capture shoots
- Build strong collaboration with motion capture partners
- Create high-quality, in-game animations to the highest standard in line with the style and demand of the project
- Verify the quality of animation in the game, and make improvements where necessary to fit technical constraints and artistic direction
- Be an active mentor and role model for the animation team. Work to maintain morale and create an atmosphere of creativity and enthusiasm
BENEFITS & PERKS INCLUDE:
- Permanent REMOTE contract options available from within the UK
- VISA sponsorship & relocation assistance if required
- Flexible start and finish times
- Relaxed and friendly atmosphere
- Company events
- Pension scheme and childcare vouchers
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!