Stainless Games are looking for a lead artist to join our experienced team. The successful candidate will help define the artistic vision for a variety of projects and create compelling game visuals, assets and interfaces. They can expect to work on high profile projects across multiple platforms.
At Stainless Games, you’ll be working with talented colleagues in a fun and relaxed environment on the beautiful Isle of Wight.
Stainless is an independent computer game developer, established in 1994, with a catalogue of multi-million selling titles under our belt. Over the years we’ve developed over 40 games and 300 SKUs for Mobile, Console, PC, Steam and VR for gamers to enjoy.
- Define the games art style, working closely with the art team to communicate your artistic vision
- Provide Inspiration and direction for your art team
- Ensure the delivery of the highest quality in-game art possible
- Work closely with other leads and production to ensure best practices and deliver effective optimal assets
- Regularly review assets to maintain consistent quality across all art elements within the game
- Work closely with the game director to add artistic definition for projects and help in the creation of any accompanying documentation
- Previous experience leading a creative team
- Excellent knowledge of 3DS Max, Substance Painter and Photoshop
- Excellent knowledge of Unity and Unreal
- Strong portfolio of previously released titles demonstrating high quality art delivery
- Passionate about art for games across a variety of styles
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and organised
- Proven track record working on a variety of game genres
- Experience working across a number of platforms from mobile to VR
- Able to work in either stylized or realistic art styles
- A petrolhead with an Interest in vehicle games (combat or racing)
- A boardgame fanatic with an interest in CCGs
The successful candidate will start remotely, but once restrictions allow, we’re aiming to return to the office on a much more flexible basis. We’ve thought long and hard about achieving the right balance, and still feel that being able to chat to colleagues face to face is an invaluable part of making great games, and nurturing our collaborative company spirit. However, we understand many people have relished working from home, so we’ll be giving our team the option to do this on Mondays and Fridays. We’ve also taken this opportunity to refurbish our main studio, to ensure employees return to a lovely working environment.
Other work benefits include:
- Annual 22 days holiday PLUS UK bank holidays PLUS a 2 week Christmas shutdown
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working around reasonable core hours
- Pension contributions
- Private medical cover
- Assistance with working visa, application processes and fees
- Relocation assistance
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Discount on ferry travel for employees, family and friends
- Mental Health First Aiders at work
- And much more…including on the social side, once restrictions allow again…
The Isle of Wight has become an increasingly attractive lifestyle destination, especially since the pandemic. It’s one of the sunniest places in the UK, and you’re never more than 25 minutes’ drive from a beach, making it ideal for outdoor living and family life.
Stainless Games Ltd is an equal opportunities employer, which means that we are committed to a policy of treating all of our employees and job applicants equally.
When applying, please provide a cover letter, CV and any relevant links to work if possible.
Apply now to be part of our friendly and progressive team!