Project: Mobile Games
OPM’s client is looking for a talented and experienced Lead Artist with a passion for making some of the best games ever to join the talented team behind our new mobile first IP.
The successful candidate will mentor and manage a team of artists ranging from 3D art, environment, character, concept, animation, and visual effects, that are incorporated into interdisciplinary feature teams. Directly reporting to Art Direction, you will help bring our clients vision to life with a focus on quality and performance, as well as establishing and improving workflows that will help us reach our goal within the timeframe budgets.
- Strong experience in professional game development as an artist
- Having shipped at least one project in an artistic leadership role
- Strong leadership, team, and people management skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and collaborative problem-solving mindset
- Deep experience with asset creation tools
- Excellent understanding of state-of-the-art pipelines and workflows
- Expert knowledge of Z-Brush, Autodesk Maya, 3ds Max, Photoshop, and Substance Suite or equivalent
- Ability to work within deadlines and display strong time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Passion for videogame
- Collaborating with the Art Director in setting the visual style and quality bar for our art style, assets, and overall art production
- Ensure output of the team meets technical, artistic, and scheduling goals
- Driving creation pipeline development and documentation
- Leading efforts to optimize art assets for performance and memory usage
- Collaborate with the design team to ensure our art is built to support gameplay as well as with producers to prioritize and plan work for the team and outsourcing partners
- Mentor and coach your team in improving soft and hard skills and take active part in the asset creation process
- Providing clear, concise, consistent, and timely visual direction, guidance, and feedback
- Review and deliver work in accordance with the project's artistic direction
- Take part in the hiring process of new artists
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!