One Player Missions client are looking for a talented Lead Artist to join their growing team. This is an unprecedented opportunity to join a thriving independent development studio and work on a high-profile title that will be played by millions of gamers worldwide.
- Manage, develop and mentor a multifaceted art team: concept, environment, characters, animation, and more
- Ensure that the visual direction and quality for our game is reflected in every asset
- Inspire and motivate the art team through clear and concise constructive critiques
- Work with the art team to create efficient and performant pipelines and workflows
- Collaborate closely with the Design, Programming and Production teams
- Communicate with publishers and marketing teams as needed to ensure our products are represented well visually
- Understand technical restraints while seeking out innovative solutions
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- A proven track record of leading a AAA team in a production environment
- A portfolio reflecting high-quality game art
- Full understanding of game contemporary development workflows and pipelines
- Working knowledge in a range of common game development art tools – 3DS Max/Maya/Blender/Zbrush, Substance, Photoshop, etc.
- A desire to learn new techniques and technologies
- At least 10 years of professional experience in the games industry producing game art
- 3 years of experience as an associate art director or art lead
What is nice to have:
- Experience with various styles of art direction
- Experience with Unreal
- Drawing/painting skills to help convey ideas
- Ownership. Everyone in the company benefits from ownership in the company.
- Vacation: Time off for vacation. Five weeks vacation per year + 10 national holidays. Extra vacation days after 5 and 10 years of service.
- Hybrid Working. Flexible working hours, including work-from-home and remote work.
- Sabbaticals: At 5+ years, should you choose to take unpaid time for a personal project, we will cover 20% of your pay provided that it is in your area of interest.
- Premium Health. Premium health benefits, plus extended healthcare coverage.
- Relocation assistance. Flexible start dates, relocation reimbursement and assistance in finding housing.
- Social Events
- Bike to Work Programme
And lots more…
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214428!