Job Type: Permanent
Project: Console and PC Games
Our client are looking for a Lead Sound Designer for the development of racing games.
- Extensive experience in video game sound design
- An expertise in engine sounds is essential
- Experience in team management is a plus
- You have already produced a video game and you have good engine knowledge
- A good grasp of the mechanical workings of a car is a definite plus
- A portfolio illustrating your technical capabilities in sound design, particularly engine sounds
- Work experience with commercial or proprietary audio implementing tools, Fmod and Audiomotors in particular
- You know how to work independently and you have good organisational skills
- Scheduling the sound design’s team work in collaboration with the producing team, plan the amount of work needed as well as the outsourcing and the tools.
- Participating in the sound components’ design
- Having a critical outlook on the sound integration pipeline and the tools used
- Structuring the production of our sound effects, voices and atmospheres
- Directing and undertaking the sounds’ integration:
- Car sounds (engine elements and secondary mechanics, surfaces and their mix depending on the game cam)
- Environment and atmosphere sounds
- Interface sounds
- Music within the game (radio & menus)
- Managing audio outsourcing
- Offering solutions to acquire audio sources
- Communicating with the engine programmers to offer technical improvements and ensure the technical and performances restrictions are respected.
- Health insurance
- Vacation bonus
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call us directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!