Project: AAA Console/PC Games
OPM’s client is looking for someone who is a well-rounded team ambassador: a master communicator, collaboration facilitator, and skilled artist. You understand the next-gen character creation process along with its technical and artistic constraints.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Art Director and Art Leads to build and maintain qualitative goals and artistic consistency for character art, setting high visual standards, and defining project style and tone.
- Strong commercial production experience in a Character Art role
- Previous leadership experience
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 and production management tools
- Mastery of 3D art fundamentals of topology, materials, textures, proportion, and anatomy + animation and game limitations
- Expert-level proficiency with Z-Brush, Autodesk Maya, 3ds Max, Substance Suite and/or other 3D software packages
- Excellent communication, organization, mentorship, time management and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor/Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Keen interest in playing games and game development beyond art
- Work closely with the project Art Director to develop a style and provide consistent quality across all characters, creatures and related models
- Collaborate with other Art Leads and Producers to coordinate Character Art resources, establishing schedules and priorities
- Lead, mentor and motivate character artists as they develop and polish their work throughout the 3D pipeline
- Review integrated work, ensuring its aligned with the artistic direction and can animate well
- Balance artistic aspects with technical constraints, maintaining quality and performance standards
- Carry out key department responsibilities that include hiring, training, appraising performance and resolving issues
- Build and maintain partner and client relationships, trust, and communication
- Stay up to date on best practices to keep up with the latest next-gen industry standards
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!