Project: AAA Games Studio
OPM’s client is looking for an experienced Lead Character Artist, who will work closely with the Art Director and Creative Director and be responsible for creating, establishing, and maintaining high-quality characters for our project.
The successful candidate will be in line with the art direction and technical requirements of a AAA real-time games project and be used in tandem with the needs of the wider art team.
- Management of an experienced Character Art Team: including holding regular 121s, setting objectives, looking after the team’s welfare and providing mentoring
- Highly experienced and proficient with 3D Studio MAX or Maya, Zbrush and Photoshop
- Superb 3D modelling and texturing skills with both organics & hard surface
- Strong knowledge and understanding of human anatomy, proportions, mechanics, characterisation & archetypes
- Strong knowledge of mechanical construction and functionality (gear, weapons & robotics)
- Experience of character pipelines and efficient memory management of UVs, textures and vertices
- Highly experienced working with multiple texturing workflows for current (PBR) and previous generations, capable of creating well defined and readable realistic materials.
- Substantial examples of current and past work demonstrating a strong understanding of form, silhouette, shape, texture, colour and lighting
- Understanding of character modelling, rigging and skinning in preparation for animation
- A proactive drive for efficiency in work methods & the maintenance of high standards
- A great team player, able to communicate, learn from and to teach
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Lead, motivate and inspire a team of creative artists to help them to maintain quality, efficiency and consistency through feedback and mentoring.
- Drive the visual quality in conjunction with other Lead Artists
- Collaborate with Art and Design Directors to create technically sound, engaging, and memorable characters
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 417!