Lead Character Artist - Family Friendly AAA Studio Midlands UK
We are working with a well-known AAA game studio based in the Midlands UK, who is looking for an exceptional Lead Character Artist to oversee the art team, working in conjunction with the Art Director and Art Manager on their exciting RPG project.
What will you be doing?
- Be responsible for the oversight of production of excellent quality high polygon models
- Supervision of the Transfer of high poly models to low in game meshes
- Overseeing the creation of high quality in-game assets
- Assistance with Troubleshooting character art issues from a creative and technical standpoint
- Liaise with the concept team by highlighting and providing solutions to any design problems before the modelling stage
- Setting standards for the art team in conjunction with the Art Director.
Who you are
- You are familiar with the industry standard software packages such as 3DSMax or Maya,
- You have extensive experience with Mudbox or ZBrush
- An above average knowledge of human anatomy
- A good understanding on best practices to suit animation and engine requirements
- Good understanding of current generation production workflows in relation to character art production.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your in-game character art work to very high standards.
- At least 1 “AAA” title developed as a Lead from Concept to Final release .
- Excellent time management
- Detail oriented
- Adaptable and able to work well under pressure
This company offers a competitive salary in a friendly and comfortable working environment, as well as a fantastic bonus and pension scheme.
Please email me your CV as a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include reference number 1968 in the email
We are an equal opps recruitment agency, value diversity and do not discriminate. We are GDPR complaint.