This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Console and PC Games
OPMs client is looking for a lead character artist to work on their upcoming high-quality projects with Unreal Engine.
The successful candidate will would be part of our 3d art-team, reporting directly to our technical art director and work in close collaboration with our creative director and concept artists.
- Shipped at least 3 titles as a character artist
- Extensive experience at a game studio working as a senior character artist
- Team management experience, able to give feedbacks on respect of style/quality and technical constraints.
- Strong knowledge of human anatomy and the ability to demonstrate it through digital sculpting
- Strong ability to sculpt organic clothing on characters
- Strong hard surface modelling ability to create hard surface props on characters
- Strong grasp of topology and how it applies to animation for characters
- Proficient in the high poly, low poly baking workflow
- Proficient in creating efficient Mapping, minimizing seams and distortion
- Proficient organic and hard surface subdivision surface modelling
- Proficient in Zbrush ,3DS Max, Photoshop, Substance painter or such.
- Self-motivated, technical problem solver
- Manage outsourcing of characters, giving feedback and constraints to our outsourcing partners
- Lead and give feedback to a small team of character artists and establish a well working pipeline for character creation
- Character Sculpting, Lowpoly Modelling, Mapping, Texturing (PBR workflow)
- Character Prop/Equipment Sculpting, Modelling, Mapping, Texturing
- Collaborate with the concept art team in developing the look of the characters respecting specific technical constraints
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!