OPMs client is looking for a Lead Character Artist to join their growing art team from the ground up with the express remit to create new games and IP.
The successful candidate will create high-quality characters for our clients games, setting the quality bar and working practices to deliver great-looking Heroes and Villains.
- Very strong experience creating characters for games as a senior or lead artist,
- Been through the full development cycle of at least 3 games,
- Be a remarkably talented Character Artist with a keen artistic eye and a good understanding of the technical requirements of the character art pipeline,
- Experience of working with the other disciplines, advising on best practices and pitfalls where appropriate,
- Precisely skilled across all areas of character production and be up to date with modern processes,
- Desire to work within a collaborative team environment,
- The skill to implement and troubleshoot your own work in game engines,
- Collaborate with the Art Director, Tech Artists and Concept team to mitigate against design problems before modelling commences,
- Transfer high poly models into low poly models that adhere to required guidelines,
- Create well laid out, high-quality textures suitable for both traditional and PBR pipelines,
- Be able to direct tech art on shader requirements and other technical processes related to characters,
- Keep up to date with modern processes and tools in the character art pipeline,
- Assist expansion of the character art team through portfolio appraisals and interviewing candidates,
- Mentor character artists and share personal experience to drive the character production process to your vision,
- Create or direct others to create documentation for techniques and pipelines in the character production process and knowledge sharing with other teams and junior artists.
- In tandem with production create a backlog of tasks, schedule your own and the teams time to meet the project deadlines,
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!