Project: AAA 3rd Person Action Game
Note: Temporary REMOTE start from where you are now
OPMs client, is an internationally minded AAA development studio based in the vibrant city of Copenhagen. They are currently seeking a Lead Cinematic Animator to play a pivotal role leading a team on their new unannounced project.
The successful candidate will act as the link between narrative and animation, merging the two into one coherent and realistic animation experience. You will not only be a specialist cinematic animator, but also a creative minded individual who understands opportunities within animation for reaching the finest cinematic experience.
- Demo Reel of your best examples in cinematics
- Professional experience with facial motion capture and facial animation.
- Professional experience with motion capture and hand-keyed animation.
- Extremely skilful with Maya.
- Passionate about storytelling, composition, and dialogue.
- Extensive professional experience in cinematic animation, for games or movies.
- Superb skills with animating the human face and figure to make authentic character animations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, allowing you to grow and manage a team of gifted animators.
- Creative mindset, allowing you to bring innovation and resolution to technical challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art/Animation or comparable experience.
- Professional experience of film editing, lighting or VFX.
- Define the benchmark for cinematic animation at each stage, from concept to in game implementation.
- Concentrate on character performance, and cinematics that echo the personality of the character, and display their motivation, emotions, and fully immerse the player into the narrative.
- Collaborate with the game director and animation director to realise the vision for cinematics.
- Making sure that the animations can play well in a level and connect with the rest of the gameplay experience, making the transition between cinematic and gameplay moments feel seamless.
- Evaluate animations and implement feedback from Game Director and Animation Director.
- Plan, prepare, and oversee motion capture shoots using their in-house motion capture studio.
- Define the assets that reflect the story and gameplay feel and help create those assets together with the animation team.
- Observe performance and optimization of facial animation.
- Produce cutscenes and performances, emphasising weight, timing & silhouette to build visually stunning cinematics for in-game integration.
- Collaborate with directors, producers, artists, designers, and programmers to set a benchmark for animations that will define the future of the studio’s titles.
- Implement, troubleshoot, and debug animation systems.
- Assist in the improvement of animation pipelines.
- Professional experience with game engines, such as Unreal, Unity, etc.
- Professional experience developing third person action games.
- Practical understanding of state machines and motion trees.
- Advanced understanding of MotionBuilder, rigging and skinning.
- Temporary REMOTE start from where you are now
- Complete VISA & Relocation Support for family thereafter
- 3 months temporary accommodation
- Financial support for shipping belongings
- Highly competitive salary and benefits package
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!