This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Narrative Adventure Game
This UK developer is rapidly growing with many high-end games in development across multiple genres! We are looking for a Lead Gameplay Animator to build, lead and light the way for a new gameplay animation team, on a dark, story-driven next generation Narrative Adventure game.
With a focus on character development that delivers distinct performance, heightens player immersion, and sets a new bar for gameplay character animation, this ambitious project takes atmosphere, storytelling and narrative, into ground-breaking territory on next-gen technology.
- Experience as a Senior / Lead Cinematic Animator on at least one shipped PC or Console title
- Excellent communication skills with a capacity to lead and motivate a team of animators
- Outstanding eye for improving animation and animator capabilities as well as conveying story and character emotion / thought in animation
- Able to deliver nuance and subtlety from performance capture and keyframed animation
- Background with full cycle cinematic motion-capture pipeline from prep, capture, through to delivery and implementation
- Excellent working knowledge of UE4 cinematic tools or equivalent technology
- In-depth knowledge of MotionBuilder, Maya or equivalent 3D program
- Strong understanding of the principles of animation, body movement and mechanics as well as an ability to adapt to different animation styles
- Realise motion-captured and keyframed animation to a truly cinematic level
- Deliver the creative vision through every performance
- Develop a team capable of realising the highest quality in cinematic character animation, facial animation, animals, props and vehicles
- Prioritise and manage tasks to ensure that deliverables are completed on time
- Collaborate with other disciplines to resolve any creative or technical difficulties and push project quality
- Build in-house capabilities in character animation production
- Remote working within the UK
- VISA sponsorship and relocation support if required
- Generous holiday allowance
- Mental Health & Wellbeing Support
- Contributory pension scheme
- Performance related Bonus
- Private healthcare plan
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214425!