One Player Mission’s client are seeking a talented Lead Combat Designer to be responsible for building a compelling combat vision with the Game Director, then, working closely with every discipline, bring that combat vision to life in the game.
The successful candidate is someone who excels in player combat and enemy design, capable of tuning all areas of combat to deliver great feel and depth for players, for years to come.
- An experienced combat designer who has shipped at least one title in a senior combat design role
- A passionate gamer with a love for combat-focussed games
- An individual with excellent rapid prototyping skills
- You have demonstrable experience delivering features that rely on timing and feel
- You understand combat systems in games across our industry
- You are familiar with the constraints of implementing combat in an online game
- Define and maintain a vision for Action RPG combat that results in a world class player experience
- Take ownership of the prototyping and in-build delivery of combat systems, across all disciplines
- Hands-on work with Unreal Engine to design, implement and fine-tune the moment-to-moment combat experience
- Regularly communicate and evangelise combat vision, goals and progress, to the wider team
- Work with production and project leadership to manage the scope of combat for the game
- Implement and maintain a healthy playtesting process to validate creative and design intent for combat systems, throughout the project’s lifecycle
- 30 days annual leave, in addition to all UK Bank Holidays.
- £425 yearly wellness allowance to spend on i.e. gym membership etc.
- Discretionary annual performance-based bonus of up to 12%.
- Hybrid work-from-home policy (3 days in the office, 2 days at home).
- Visa sponsorship (individual & dependents).
- Relocation assistance for new hires moving from outside the UK.
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 2144127!