This is exciting opportunity to join our growing AAA game studio as a Lead Commercial Analyst based at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will be responsible for leading Financial and commercial analysis on our portfolio of products and providing strategic advice to the business based on your findings.
In this role, you will work closely with all areas of the business to ensure a joined-up view for strategic forecasts and analysis and provide finance knowledge and insight on business inputs. This a fantastic chance to work in an exciting, fast paced environment in a well-established but thriving games development studio.
As a key member of the studio, you will own the process around our revenue forecasts (for new titles and existing catalogue), and provide meaningful insight to help drive our overall commercial strategy.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Provide detailed reporting and analysis on a variety of areas focused on financial performance of our games
- Present recommendations and findings to key stakeholders within the business, taking on feedback but also comfortable with defending disputes to your findings as appropriate
- Collaborate with other members of the team, helping to update various databases, data warehouses, and systems responsible for importing, storing, and reporting on various data sources
- Take responsibility for management and development of our business intelligence analyst, providing support and guidance as necessary
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Outstanding analytical skills, with the ability to synthesise a large amount of data into key themes and trends, spotting any anomalies and building a comprehensive story
- Strong understanding of user/player concepts and metrics – MAU, DAU, ARPU – how to determine and forecast these from existing data
- Experience in revenue forecasting – Advanced understanding of building accurate forecasts, the ability to identify quality data and apply necessary patterns and adjustments to the current need
- Comfortable to deal with ambiguity and to connect a variety of inputs to form a credible story
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple tasks effectively
- Advanced Excel modelling skills with experience of managing large and complex data sets
- Strong commercial experience using SQL (ideally T-SQL) for querying, storing, and analysing data
- Inquiring, analytical, process-oriented in person, you will be keen to seek out new information and advise where positive strategic change could take place
- Excellent collaboration, communication and influencing skills with experience in presenting to all levels (PowerPoint needed)
- Experience in managing direct reports
- Familiarity with financial reporting concepts such as P&Ls, capitalisation, and amortisation etc
- Good understanding of video games and key video game concepts (free to play, downloadable content, micro transactions etc.)
- Experience of data visualisation packages such as Tableau or Power BI is preferable
- Proficiency using Python or R for data analysis
- Experience in designing and delivering high-quality financial analysis
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.