Creative Assembly is looking for an experience Lead Community Manager to join and lead our community team, working on the Total War franchise at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
The successful candidate will be an experienced lead community manager having and proven track record of developing and growing AAA gaming communities from the ground up. They will have experience of strategy across all platforms, with particular focus on Discord and Reddit, as well as social media, YouTube, and Twitch.
Working with the Head of Community Marketing, your mission is to help ensure the best possible experience for our players. This includes monitoring and reacting to sentiment changes and delivering content and interactions aligned with players’ needs.
This crucial role will lead the Community team, and benefit the wider studio, to grow and enhance the community and acting as a conduit between the fanbase and the development teams, across all our Total War projects and releases.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Be responsible for setting community strategies and timelines for each of our titles while managing a skilled team of community managers. Focusing on expanding and enhancing our game community across Discord, Reddit, YouTube, Twitch, and all social media platforms
- Be the public face of the game in the community’s eyes – the person they come to with their ideas, praise, and problems
- Joining a team of experts, working on a long-standing franchise, you will be a subject matter expert when it comes to Total War
- Be the voice of the player community within CA, garnering valuable feedback from long-term and new players, providing insight and intel on design and product direction, and filtering and refining it into clear action points
- Be responsible for the development of your team members, conducting one-to-one’s and ensuring your team develops all the skills they need to execute their roles to the highest standard
- Communicate clearly, and confidently, to mix credibly with all areas of the studio to effect positive change for our players, increasing the ultimate quality of our games in a direct and measurable way
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Significant experience as a Lead Community Manager
- Experience with planning and executing a community strategy on a AAA title
- Team leadership experience - Experience actively developing team members and helping them progress in their career path
- Experience engaging, growing and maintaining communities across YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the key platforms and social video formats
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Up to date on the latest social media platform trends
- Experience creating content for a video games audience and community
- Experience working with social media influencers
- Experience running a YouTube or Twitch channel
- A passion for Total War
- Experience partnering with external agencies
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.