Lead Community Manager
Lead Community Manager
Launched in 2010 and owned by Asmodee, Board Game Arena is the leading online platform for board games, creating a space for more than 8 million players to play online.
Over 500 different games - such as Catan, Wingspan, Azul or Carcassonne - are available for anyone. With a user-friendly interface, and fast matchmaking, it offers a convenient and enjoyable gaming experience for players worldwide on any device.
It's the perfect place for board game enthusiasts - from seasoned players to newcomers - to play and compete online.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated, creative, and inspirational individual to be responsible for the creation and execution of the social and community strategy. The Lead Community Manager (permanent contract) will be reporting to the Marketing Director.
You will have the global ownership and responsibility of the Board Game Arena (BGA) community, from our owned media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Forum...) to all relevant community activities (live streams, events, social media campaigns), working with internal and external partners.
The Lead Community Manager will also identify, cultivate, and activate relevant communities, while growing the size of our owned audience. You will be planning and executing community initiatives, actions, activities, events, communications, and innovative social media campaigns. You will be in charge of measuring and reporting the success of the community actions and to identify with the Marketing team help what is relevant and efficient for BGA.
You will work closely with the Marketing team and the Artistic Director to align and define a publishing flow and unified tonality.
Social Media and Community Development
· Conceive, plan, budget, and execute an efficient community plan, involving innovative and relevant initiatives and activities, to grow and cultivate healthy and inclusive communities for BGA.
· Coordinate all communications through our owned channels (Facebook, Twitter, Forums, etc.), acting as the "voice of BGA".
· Animate our owned channels daily (content calendar, reactive CM...)
· Streaming & Community engagement - engaging with the community on forums, livestreams, audio podcasts, and forward facing events; becoming a trusted point of communication both internally and externally, supporting community driven content and bringing players together
· Ensure regular reporting toward your management, team and partners on social media performance, community campaign results, and community sentiment.
· Contribute to the platform roadmap from a community perspective.
· Monitor and benchmark new trends and competition.
· Build, plan, budget and deploy a worldwide Influencer strategy
· Develop and animate an influencer network across the US and the EU
· 4+ years’ experience in a similar position
· Board Games Enthusiast
· Understanding of and interest in board games and video games cultures and communities
· Relevant master’s degree (social media, digital marketing…)
· Expert in managing all major social media channels and social media tools.
· Must be a hands-on person: ability to strategize, coordinate and deliver operational plans.
· Able to work on multiple projects with different partners simultaneously and prioritize work as appropriate.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Fluent English (oral and written), another language is a great bonus.
· Creative skills appreciated.
· Able and willing to travel, including internationally, when required.
Candidates should also be prepared to provide during the recruitment process examples of previous successful community/social media actions they have created/managed.
Location: Anywhere close to EU time zones
Everyone at BGA is working from their home or from co-working spaces. For this job, it's required that you have a fast and reliable internet connection. We plan to meet physically all together once a year.