A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Jagex Ltd, the UK's largest developer and publisher of online games, is looking for a talented Lead Community Manager to play a key role in the organization. Reporting to the Director of Community, you’ll be part of the leadership team that shapes the future of Old School RuneScape.
Your role will include designing exciting community campaigns across multiple content launches, leading and mentoring team members, setting the community vision and strategy and much more. This will encompass elements of influencer management, communication strategies and delivery as well as leading and developing a team. Your experience in management and strategic thinking capabilities will shape how we think of communication and how our players stay informed.Key Duties:
- Manage the Old School RuneScape online communities and set a vision that excites our players
- Oversee all community channels and ensure your team are utilizing best practices
- Work with other Community and Player Support Leadership on player intelligence initiatives
- Create community roadmaps and strategies that engage players and foster community growth
- Maintain a strong presence and promote on community forums, social media, and within our online games.
- Assist our events team with trade shows and exhibitions
- Work as part of a core stakeholder group of Community, Analytics, Product and Marketing
- Work with junior team members to expand their skills, focus on training needs and help develop them into leaders of tomorrow
- Lead on reporting community sentiment and feedback to the Old School RuneScape Leadership team
- Own budgets for Community Management teams including allocation of spend to meet departmental objectives
- Experienced: you have developed years of community experience in a community, social media or communications role.
- Player Obsessed: you understand your impact on our players social experience because you are a core gamer. You use that knowledge to improve the overall experience of all our communications and promotions. Communication is a two-way street and you thrive at being a facilitator between game teams and players
- Strategic: you have a broad vision of the community landscape. You understand the values of community campaigns and communication and feedback flows
- A leader: You inspire your team to deliver value to players consistently and to maintain transparent and accurate correspondence to players
- Talent driven: you know how to support your team in their career development, you hold frequent development discussions and set stretch goals. Ultimately, you love to see your team members succeed and grow in their careers.
- A modern thinker: you stay up-to-date and ahead of the curve of social media trends, tools and initiatives carried out by other innovative games companies.
- A strong communicator: you have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Educated: you studied or used agile project and team management (such as SCRUM), lean processes (such as Kanban), and/or objective driven management tools.
- Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care - Gym Membership- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.