OPMs client is the largest VR developer in the world creating a true multi-platform AAA VR action shooter based on a global franchise.
They are kicking off plans for their new AAA VR projects, they are looking to recruit an experienced Lead Concept Artist who can aid them in their mission!
As a Lead Concept Artist, you’d be responsible for managing a small team of internal concept artists and freelancers, planning and signing off their work and mentoring their development as artists.
- You are an inspiring, motivating team leader and mentor, driving the team to meet project quality levels and deadlines.
- Demonstrable hands-on art skills, including knowledge of form and colour, lighting and rendering, proportions and shape.
- Extensive experience of the full development cycle of console/PC titles and knowledge of how concept art defines and supports it.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; must be able to communicate difficult and creative concepts in a way that inspires and motivates; capable of writing art design documentation defining needs.
- Familiar with agile development methods, experienced in the use of Jira and Confluence to track and manage progress.
- Knowledge of 3D modelling software such as Blender & Zbrush.
- Experience with VR technology.
- Familiar with developing for the Unreal Engine.
- Develop detailed artistic direction materials, such as reference drawings or sketches, mood boards, concept exploration, key art and 3D meshes for block outs.
- Work closely with our clients Art Director, planning kick-off meetings and ascertaining that other disciplines have provided the necessary materials.
- Create briefings, paint-overs and creating your own artwork and act as representative of the artistic direction.
- Proactively seek feedback from the Art Director and other Art Leads and keep them informed of the status of assigned tasks.
- Keep up to date with relevant developments related to game art production in the market, current and future, following up on new technologies and tools when required.
- Proactively identify skills and experience gaps in the team members you manage and help them with their growth and motivation.
- A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance
- Room to learn, grow and share your creative input
- Flexible working hours
- Pension plan
- Relocation assistance is offered.
- The latest VR hardware and titles which you can borrow and take home
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 417