Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for our mobile hits. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console department of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope and Die by the Blade.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
As our Lead of Creative, you will be setting an example to the rest of the creative team in producing imaginative, engaging assets for the PC & console department’s signed games releases. You’ll also lead, nurture and manage the Creative team.
What you tell your friends you do
“I make Kwalee’s PC and Console games marketing look incredible”
What you will really be doing
- Managing, nurturing and developing the creative talent in your team and leading by example.
- Creating dynamic and static graphics for our released, and upcoming PC and Console games;
- Iterating on designs, assets, layouts, etc, in response to PCC team members, testing, developer feedback or external consumer feedback;
- Strategising, conceptualising and designing projects for marketing campaigns with other PCC department heads & leads.
- Executing imaginative, appealing projects with great attention to detail and to deadlines.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be leading an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented teams are our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse company, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and Requirements
- Minimum 5 years’ experience leading and managing a busy, deadline-driven creative services team providing assets for PC and console games;
- Expertise with Photoshop & other Adobe products, Maya, Unity, etc;
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and work collaboratively and positively with other PCC dept team members;
- A keen eye for layout, design, typography and colour;
- Ability to create eye-catching, engaging, visual designs for our marketing materials and campaigns;
- Capacity to manage multiple projects at once and deliver to deadlines in a fast-paced, creative team;
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude, able to give and receive constructive feedback;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Passion for PC and console games, plus animation experience, a plus.
- Creative Wednesdays! (get a chance to suggest games every Wednesday);
- 20 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays;
- Hybrid working model available depending on the department and the role;
- Relocation support available;
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours;
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Monthly employee awards;
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks.
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.