OPMs client is the largest VR developer in the world creating a true multi-platform AAA VR action shooter based on a global franchise.
They are kicking off development on new AAA VR projects, they are looking to recruit an experienced Lead Environment Artist who can aid them in their mission!
As a Lead Environment Artist, you’d be responsible for the visual appearance of the game’s environments, making sure they meet the artistic direction, the gameplay experience, and the technical constraints
Additionally, you can create high-quality 3D assets for those levels. You also mentor, guide and motivate other artist to deliver a high-end Virtual Reality experience.
- Previous experience in a Lead Environment Artist role, with experience of the full development cycle on console/PC titles
- Strong traditional art fundamentals, including the function of form and color, proportions, shape
- Proven track record in crafting content that meets both the creative aspiration of the team and needs of the product
- Demonstrable hands-on art skills, and a desire to keep it that way
- Highly skilled in agile development methods, a master of Jira and Confluence to track and manage progress
- Can demonstrate an ability to own complex issues across disciplines and teams
- Working knowledge of environment art implementation in Unreal Engine 4 or 5
- Experience of developing content for VR
- Accountable for their team’s delivery of digital in-game art assets, from 3D meshes and materials to shaders, lighting and environmental vfx.
- Ensures their team complies with the project’s vision, artistic direction, workflow, and technical requirements
- Builds their team’s skills and expertise through mentoring in a way that facilitates motivation and creativity in the team
- Engages with the leads and production team in high-level planning of the project, ensuring their team’s deliverables meet project milestones
- Instigates high-level art-related decisions during the development of the project regarding art-related project risks
- Facilitates effective cooperation with other disciplines, notably: tech, design, and production
- Demonstrates a high level of creativity and originality in treatment of both licensed and original IP
- Keep up to date with relevant developments related to game art production in the market, current and future, following up on new technologies and tools when required
- Represent the studio to external stakeholders and other contacts
- Proactively identify skills and experience gaps in the project’s art team
- Assist the Creative Department Manager with the growth and development of the studio’s art team
- A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance
- Room to learn, grow and share your creative input
- Flexible working hours
- Pension plan
- Relocation assistance is offered.
- The latest VR hardware and titles which you can borrow and take home
- And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!