This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Console/PC Games
Our client is seeking a talented and experienced Lead Environment Artist to join development of their upcoming title based on a well-known IP.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Art Director and Art Leads to build and maintain qualitative goals and artistic consistency.
- Strong commercial production experience in an Environment Art role Prior leadership experience
- Understanding of Unreal Engine 4 and production management tools
- Mastery of 3D art fundamentals of modelling, materials, textures, lighting, modularity, technical aspects, and game limitations Expert-level proficiency with 3ds Max, Autodesk Maya, Substance Suite, Terrain Generation and/or other 3D software packages
- Outstanding communication, organization, mentorship, time management and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor/Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Passion for playing games and game development beyond art
- Collaborate with the project Art Director to develop a style and provide consistent quality across all environment art, architecture and related models
- Work closely with other Art Leads and Producers to coordinate Environment Art resources, establishing schedules and priorities
- Lead environment artists as they develop and polish their work throughout the 3D pipeline
- Review integrated work, ensuring its aligned with the artistic direction and can animate well
- Balance artistic aspects with technical constraints, maintaining quality and performance standards
- Carry out key department responsibilities that include hiring, training, appraising performance and resolving issues
- Build and maintain partner and client relationships, trust and communication
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!