OPM’s client is looking for someone who is a well-rounded team ambassador: a master communicator, collaboration encourager, and skilled artist. You understand the next gen environment creation process along with its technical and artistic constraints. You are able to step in to coach your team, find solutions to setbacks, and deliver feedback with confidence.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Art Director, a small environment art team, and level designers to build and maintain qualitative goals and artistic consistency for environment art, setting high visual standards, and defining project style and tone.
- Extensive commercial production experience in an Environment Art role
- Prior leadership experience
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine and production management tools
- Have a good understanding of 3D art fundamentals of modelling, materials, textures, lighting
- A passion and great understanding of how to build awesome environments
- Excellent communication, organization, mentorship, time management and interpersonal skills
- Keen interest in playing games and game development beyond art
- Work closely with the project Art Director to develop a style and provide consistent quality across all environment art, architecture and related models
- Collaborate with Producers to coordinate Environment Art resources, establishing schedules and priorities
- Lead, mentor and motivate environment and 3d artists as they develop and polish their work throughout the 3D pipeline
- Review integrated work, ensuring it is aligned with the artistic direction and can animate well
- Balance artistic aspects with technical constraints, maintaining quality and performance standards
- Carry out key department responsibilities that include hiring, training, appraising performance and resolving issues
- Stay up to date on best practices to keep up with the latest next-gen industry standard
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 417!