OPMs client is looking for a Lead Environment Artist to join their growing art team, to help build the team from the ground up with the express remit to create new games and IP.
They are looking for an artist with experience in driving quality standards on AAA titles. The ideal candidate will be adept at providing feedback loops, art documentation, art style guides and so on, supporting more Junior and Intermediate level Artists to provide top-quality AAA standard Environment work. This is a great opportunity to be part of their Art Leadership team and will provide the opportunity to be part of project discussions, lead on building and growing the Environment Art team and being part of the wider future growth plans at the studio.
- Proven track record in at least 3 shipped titles (preferably AAA).
- Experience mentoring and providing feedback for more Junior Artists.
- Excellent compositional, world-building skills and all-around artistic expertise and flare.
- Expertise in 3ds Max or Maya (or both)
- Knowledge or use of Zbrush is a plus.
- Expertise in Photoshop & other technologies utilised in the production of game art.
- Knowledge of Substance Painter / Designer is a plus.
- Expertise or knowledge of implementing artwork into Unreal Engine 4 or Unity.
- Familiarity with developing games in a multi-platform, multi-project environment.
- The ability and eagerness to learn and adopt new software, tools and technologies.
- Be responsible for creating high-quality environment art.
- Lead the Environment Art team, maintaining quality and development for artists.
- Develop art guides (art documentation, style guides, process documents and feedback loops).
- Ensure that the artistic style of the game is consistently implemented and performant.
- Have a keen eye for environmental storytelling and a strong ability to communicate ideas and collaborate with a design team.
- Have flexibility in terms of creating artwork in differing styles and genre of game.
- Proactively seek feedback from Creative Directors.
- With production, break down tasks and schedule your own work and that of the junior environment art team.
- Mentorship – give constructive feedback and clear direction to junior environment artists.
- Defined Annual Bonus Scheme
- ULEV car scheme
- Monthly allowance to spend on enhancing benefits
- Salary Sacrifice Pension
- Flexible Working
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!