OPMs client are a studio based in Barcelona, Spain, are looking too add a Lead Game Designer to their team, working on a huge new AAA open world game.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the whole game design team, you will champion quality across the project and collaborate with all teams to deliver game of the year AAA player experiences.
- At least two shipped titles in a Senior or Leadership design role (from pre-production to release)
- Experience with modern AAA open world games and their sandbox systems and mechanics
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Proactive, supportive attitude and you are flexible
- Define the game vision and gameplay experience in collaboration with the design director
- Oversee the creation and implementation of innovative game systems
- Supervise the creation and maintenance of detailed game system documentation
- Set quality-bar through hands-on ownership of open world content from conception to the final stages of polish.
- Review, tweak and balance gameplay to deliver a GOTY AAA quality experience
- Define and allocate tasks to the design team, including accurately assessing the time required to complete each task
- Troubleshoot design issues from a creative standpoint
- Manage the output and development of a team of game designers
- Design features aligned with the creative and game directions (3C, game ingredients, game systems, game modes, enemy designs, AI behaviours, etc.).
- Create an environment which allows for open dialogue and encourages new creative ideas.
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas to the new year (the office is closed from 24th December to 2nd January).
- 16 weeks Maternity and Paternity leave PLUS full parental flexibility
- Flexible Working Hours
- Flexible working conditions, Work From Home.
- Private Health insurance, including dental coverage.
- Relocation Package / assistance and VISA support.
And many more!
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!