One Player Missions client is a growing, independent game developer based in Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, the heart of the UK games industry. They are looking for a Lead Game Designer who is highly creative and has a strong passion for playing and creating games.
The successful candidate will lead a team of designers and take responsibility for specific areas of the game design and work closely with all disciplines to deliver on the overall game vision.
- Experience leading a small team of designers.
- Strong, passionate communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to deliver fun gameplay features that keep players wanting more.
- Extensive industry experience in game design positions.
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, or similar game engines.
- Experience working on all stages of a project, from concept to launch.
- Experience with modern console development.
- Lead and motivate a team that designs game systems, content and level design to craft an engaging player experience.
- Make useful contributions to our creative planning sessions, scrums, and retrospectives and help us drive the development of our projects and the team.
- Be naturally inquisitive, you keep up to date with emerging technologies and industry trends and cascade according to support the development of your team.
- Collaborate and communicate well with internal teams and customers to realise a shared vision.
- Talk and write enthusiastically about game ideas, championing their potential.
- Have the motivation and passion to keep up to date with industry developments and bring efficiencies and increased quality, whilst growing your skill set.
- Show an ability to keep team members motivated and working efficiently and toward project goals.
- 25 days holiday a year, plus bank holidays & additional service days.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Flexible working.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call us directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214427!