We are looking for a talented and experienced Lead Game Designer who will be responsible for overseeing the development of our games from concept to release. You will work closely with our development team to ensure that our games are engaging, fun, and meet the needs of our target audience. You will also be responsible for ensuring that our games are designed with Web3 technology in mind, and that they take full advantage of the capabilities that this technology offers.
All the responsibilities we'll trust you with:
- You’ll develop unique and appealing game concepts, characters, storylines, gameplay mechanics, and features. Create design documentation and prototypes to guide development
- You’ll lead the design process from ideation to release, working closely with the development team to ensure that the game meets the needs of our target audience.
- You’ll create and maintain detailed design documents, including game mechanics, progression systems, and monetization strategies.
- You’ll work with the development team to ensure that the game is designed with Web3 technology in mind, and that it takes full advantage of the capabilities that this technology offers.
- You’ll collaborate with artists, programmers, and other team members to ensure that the game is visually appealing, runs smoothly, and meets technical requirements.
- You’ll conduct user testing and feedback sessions to refine the game design and ensure that it is engaging and fun.
- You’ll stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices, and use this knowledge to inform your design decisions.
- You’ll mentor and train other members of the design team, helping them to develop their skills and grow professionally.
What you'll bring to the team:
- At least 5 years of experience in game design, with a track record of delivering successful mobile games.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to ensure that all aspects of the game design are polished and engaging.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify issues and develop effective solutions. Self starter and proactive approach.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team, and to mentor and train other team members.
- Excellent English to communicate with the international team.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate design concepts to team members and stakeholders.
- A passion for gaming and a desire to push the boundaries of what's possible in mobile game design.
- Ideally understanding of Web3 technology and how it can be used to enhance mobile experiences, but it's not required.
- Ideally experience with Unity.
Why you'll love working with us:
- We’re 100% remote, work wherever you want forever!
- We offer unlimited holidays and sick days. Take as much time off as you need, to spend time with your family and friends, to visit a paradisiacal beach, if you need a break for mental health or just because you feel like playing games all day. We trust our team and want to offer a modern work life balance that allows you to thrive both at work and in your personal life.
- You’ll be able to make an impact, to work closely with the rest of the team and the founders, to work on one of the most promising projects in the Web3 gaming space.
- You’ll have a comfortable work schedule and stable workload. With a variety of tasks that will allow your constant professional development.
- We want our team to grow personally and professionally and support learning opportunities, especially with a focus around new AI tools and methods.
- We have a culture that puts our people first. We believe in open communication, creativity and the value of unique contributions from everyone in the team.
- We offer a competitive salary in addition to equity options.
About Gameplay Galaxy
Gameplay Galaxy is the team behind Trial Xtreme, one of the world’s leading bike racing mobile games with more than 250 million downloads!
We’re now ready to take it to the next level following the natural gaming evolution and embracing Web3, Esport and the fast-growing world of UGC. Exciting, right!?
We are optimising the Web3 concepts, capabilities and innovative technologies to create and build massive gaming projects that will become the natural metaverse space for our players, competitive gamers and the Web3 guilds, supported by the biggest brands from all over the world. Learn more about our vision here.
The impressive KPIs from our game's Alpha - 47% D1 and 61 mins daily average gameplay, suggest we're on track for tremendous success!
We’re a fully remote company and have an experienced and talented team of around 40 people based all over the world. We’re looking for team players that have the will and ability to adapt quickly and smoothly to the fast paced changing environment we are creating and building in.
Ready to join the race?