" Ref - 5178500. Our client is known for the great titles on the PlayStation platform with millions of fans around the world currently working on multiple exciting projects that will become an ultimate gaming experience for communities of the future. As a Lead Gameplay Programmer, you will be responsible for the development and well-being of your programming team. You will be able to identify promotion opportunities and track the team member's personal goals. This will be a winning opportunity for a professional who is able to drive the very best from the team, ensuring timely completion of tasks and striving to meet or exceed project goals. This role has balanced hands-on responsibilities with day-to-day programming tasks alongside the man-management.
- Lead and watch over debugging awkward crashes, profiling and optimising code, and performing diligent testing of changes
- Collaborate with Programming Leads coders for the systems your team create and maintain
- Lead prototype, implement, iterate and polish new and existing gameplay mechanics and associated systems
- Mentor team junior programmers and oversee full circle of design, implementation and delivery of one or multiple game systems
- Cover feedback process for design to help meet the creative vision of the game
- Grand bonus scheme with an enhanced holiday allowance
- Healthcare package and employee assistance program
- AAA PlayStation projects with the latest technology available
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally working with and a passion for game-play mechanics concerning narrative, action or adventure games
- Excellent C++, plus the ability to debug issues in large and complex C++ based codebases, that utilize custom tools and engines
- The major benefit would be extensive knowledge profiling and optimizing CPU performance of real-time oriented systems
- Sharp knowledge requirements: engineering knowledge, such as OOP, design patterns & API development, as well as confidence working with 3D maths, vectors, matrices, linear algebra
- Greater bonus: console development and Unreal engine experience
Lead Gameplay Programmer for Video Game Developer based in the UK (Remote) or Programming Jobs"