Our client is seeking for a talented Lead Groom Artist to join their team
The successful candidate will be passionate about video games and be able to adapt and have fun in our clients fast-paced environment.
- Solid experience as a Senior or Lead Character or Groom Artist
- At least one AAA game shipped
- Effective at managing people and tasks for teams up to 15 people in size
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Expert understanding of optimal hair/fur asset construction and best practices
- Excellent knowledge of XGen or other strand based grooming tools
- Understanding of industry-standard modelling and texturing software; Maya (preferred), 3ds Max, Blender, Substance Designer/Painter, and Photoshop
- Ability to realize grooms from concepts and art briefs and communicate to team members how to approach their construction
- Excellent knowledge of hair texturing and shading workflows
- Experience with production softwares; P4V, Shotgrid, Jira. Etc.
- Experience with Realtime Game Engines (Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- Involved with client meetings and facilitates communication / direction to in-house artists
- Offers direction to character artists for visual and technical considerations
- Maintains schedule in cooperation with production
- Monitors quality across team to ensure consistent deliveries to client
- Mentors artists in technical and artistic techniques
- Troubleshooting problems and mentoring Junior artists
- Provides leadership for artists across multiple projects
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 413!