We are working with a fantastic AAA game studio based in the South of England who is looking for an exceptional Lead Level Designer to join their team and work on thier pillar titles. Following the success of their previous release, this studio is looking to continue the creation of thier engaging multiplayer experiences.
What will you be doing?
- Defining and directing the level design vision
- Level design documentation
- One-to-ones and feedback sessions with the team
- Collection and analysis of play test data
- Mentoring less experienced members of the team
- Monitoring the bug database
- Occasionally communicating with external partners
Who you are
- Previous experience in the games industry in a Senior/Lead position
- 2+ released current-gen titles under your belt, including a multiplayer aspect
- Knowledge of Level Design concepts e.g. visual language, flow, game balance, on-boarding, difficulty tuning, combat design...
- 3D level editing tools e.g. UnrealEd, Unreal 4, Radiant, Hammer...
- Source-control applications e.g. Perforce, AlienBrain, SVN...
- Leadership experience
- Shooter game experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Educated to degree level in Game Design, Computer Science, Marketing OR relevant technical training
- PowerPoint presentation skills
- Visual scripting software e.g. Unreal 4 Blueprints, Flow Graph...
- Gameplay event scripting and entity setup
- 3D modelling software e.g. 3DS Max, Maya...
- Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of 1+ programming language
- Experience on a live game e.g. working on telemetry, metrics...
- Private family medical care
- Annual bonus scheme
- Minimal crunch
- Great work life balance
- Near London location
If this the job for you please forward your CV to email@example.com quoting reference 1902.
We are an equal opportunity recruitment agency and value diversity.
We do not discriminate.
We are a GDPR compliant company.