Job Type: Permanent
Project: Console and PC Games
Specialising in AAA PC/console development, our client has a proven track record in the creation of cutting-edge games across varying genres.
They have a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Level Designer to join their team to help develop an AAA multiplayer PvE game. Working closely with other discipline leads, you will guide your team of Level Designers to create a compelling player experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in the creation of an original game within the universe of an award-winning IP. As a Lead Level Designer, you are responsible for realising the design vision through engaging mission maps and championing design quality.
- Extensive experience in Level Design or relevant role
- Significant involvement in the level design of multiple game titles, with preferably a full cycle on a AAA title (or equivalent) at Senior level or higher
- A proven ability to present ideas to a wide variety of audiences, both technical and non-technical, in a succinct manner
- An ability to collaborate with different disciplines and audiences
- An appreciation for existing games and an awareness of modern gaming trends; particularly in the multiplayer PvE genre
- A drive to inspire and cultivate talent
- A forward-thinking attitude towards inclusivity and mental health
- Shipped one or more commercial titles in a lead design role
- Custom game engine experience
- Scripting knowledge (e.g., C#, Lua)
- Expertise in creating FPS or multiplayer games
- Prior experience in leading/managing/mentoring a team
- Guide the creative vision for the mission maps and review moment-to-moment gameplay
- Work closely with design leads to create cohesion between the game’s mechanics, narrative and tools· Regularly update directors and stakeholders, collating feedback into tasks for your team
- Be the players’ advocate: Understand their needs and ensure that mission maps created by your team contribute to an engaging player experience
- Establish level design best practices
- Recognise the individual abilities of each member of your team, mentoring them through regular catchups and formal appraisals
- Create a positive inclusive work environment that will grow team motivation and performance
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support
- Annual Bonus & Annual Salary Reviews
- Enhanced Mat/Paternity & Adoption pay
- Free Income Protection Scheme -up to 75%
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Career Development
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call us directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!