Job Type: Permanent
Project: AAA Games
Our client is on an epic journey, and they want you to join them! They are growing and have opened a new studio in central London. The studio is currently in its founding stages, so this is a unique opportunity to be a part of a great adventure!
The Design Team is a multi-disciplinary group focused on the delivery of compelling player experiences through ideation, iteration, and implementation. The team is passionate about finding creative solutions to design challenges and responsible for filtering the game vision into individual features, levels, combat, quests and encounters. The design team collaborates closely with all other disciplines to support features throughout the whole development lifecycle to ensure high-quality experiences are delivered on schedule.
- Someone highly experienced in level design who has shipped at least one high-profile title.
- A passionate gamer, preferably with a love for open-world and online games.
- An experienced lead who will ensure design workload is delivered on time and to quality.
- You have a demonstrable experience of delivering high quality level content in your previous work.
- A team member who can develop productive, lasting relationships across all disciplines.
- Motivated, flexible and approachable. You will champion quality across the team.
- An individual with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Take ownership of the design of the game world, collaborating closely with all discipline directors to deliver a shared vision.
- Collaborate closely with the gameplay teams to define the metrics necessary for the low-level design of the world.
- Work alongside art and narrative leadership to design and deliver environments aligned with the lore and visual goals.
- Along with the production team, create a clear content production schedule for your team.
- Assist the tech team in defining and delivering the tools needed to meet the level and world design needs for the project.
- Proactively work with the recruitment team to identify any resources you need to meet the goals of the world’s design.
- Provide line management to the level design team, ensuring 1-on-1’s take place, performance reviews are held, and design team meetings are run regularly.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call us directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!