Job Type: Permanent
Project: Console and PC Games
Our client is looking for a Lead Level Designer to help develop an AAA open-world action game. You will take the components made by other teams and guide your team of Level Designers to create a compelling player experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity for those who enjoy shaping a creative vision while nurturing the development of talented Level Designers. As a Lead Level Designer, you are responsible for realising the design vision through engaging world maps, while maintaining your team’s morale and getting the best out of each Designer.
You will actively participate in the creation and the development of the Game Vision, working closely with the Design Director and the Art Director. Your role has a major emphasis on people management, creativity, communication, problem solving, and mitigation.
You will be the advocate for the player.
- Extensive experience in Level Design or relevant role.
- Significant involvement in the level design of multiple game titles, with preferably a full cycle on a AAA title (or equivalent) at senior level or higher.
- A proven ability to present ideas to a wide variety of audiences, both technical and non-technical, in a succinct manner.
- Prior experience in leading/managing/mentoring a team will be advantageous.
- An ability to collaborate with different disciplines and audiences.
- An appreciation for existing games and an awareness of modern gaming trends; particularly in the open-world genre.
- Bonus points if you have experience with action, sandbox, open-world, or multiplayer games.
- Knowledge of UE4/UE5.
- Guide the creative vision for the world maps and review moment-to-moment gameplay.
- Work closely with other design leads to create cohesion between the game’s mechanics, narrative, and tools.
- Regularly update directors and stakeholders, collating feedback into tasks for your team.
- Be the players’ advocate: Understand their needs and ensure that the world maps created by your team contribute to an engaging player experience.
- Establish best practices for the level-design team.
- Recognise the individual abilities of each member of your team, mentoring them through regular catchups and formal appraisals.
- Work with the recruitment team to grow the team of talented Level Designers.
- Create a positive inclusive work environment that will grow team motivation and performance.
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support
- Annual Bonus & Annual Salary Reviews
- Enhanced Mat/Paternity & Adoption pay
- Free Income Protection Scheme -up to 75%
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Career Development
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call us directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!