This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client is seeking a motivated and experienced Lead Lighting Artist to join their studio.
The successful candidate will possess a strong understanding of lighting and composition to build upon the work of other artists, while enhancing and supporting their work.
- Implementing the Art Director’s vision into achievable scene lighting for both gameplay and cinematics.
- Creating a lighting pipeline within the Unreal engine working with Technical Art and Engineering teams.
- Leading, motivating and inspiring a team of creative artists while helping them to maintain quality, efficiency and consistency through feedback and mentoring.
- Work closely with the project’s Production team and with other discipline Leads.
- Sustaining performance requirements while ensuring a high quality bar for the game.
- Strong Experience in Games or Film generating final lighting / rendering
- Lead Artist experience on at least one shipped AAA title
- Senior / Lead Artist in building a lighting pipeline in Unreal Engine experience
- In-depth understanding of Physically Based Rendering and HDR pipelines
- Mastery over the baked and dynamic lighting solutions in Unreal
- Strong artistic foundation in the application of tone, colour and composition
- Knowledge of cinematography lighting fundamentals
- Awareness of the emotional storytelling that lighting brings to a scene
- Experience developing quality lighting under runtime constraints
- Capable of providing clear feedback and receive direction with humility
- High level of autonomy and initiative taking
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 412!