OPM’s client is looking a Lead Narrative Designer to work on their new open-world multiplayer survival game.
The successful candidate will be relied upon to collaborate with other designers to assist in design and implementation of game narrative systems to maximize player immersion within the game play experience.
- Previous experience as a Story Designer, Narrative Designer or other similarly tasked positions in the game industry.
- Leadership experience.
- Ability to develop visual theory into production-ready concepts as well as written and physical specifications for game narrative implementation.
- Understand techniques to elicit player emotion.
- Knowledge of industry trends in interactive storytelling.
- Experience with multiplayer games and multiplayer storytelling.
- Experience with game editors and scripting systems.
- Drive design and documentation of all interactive narrative systems to facilitate story and emotional delivery to the player.
- Act as a champion of the narrative systems design & pillars across the game and game team.
- Work together with other designers to execute on narrative goals within the design and implementation of game systems.
- Collaborate with the writers to create and maintain game dialogue documentation, world context & back story, NPC character information, and cinematic development plans.
- Act as a central resource for all things narrative related.
- Work with the writing team to ensure narrative synopses, treatments and script content and story blend seamlessly with design intentions.
- Manage own schedule to accommodate the narrative deliverables of the project.
- Flexible working schedule
- Relocation assistance
- Healthcare package
- Free gym access
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!