Project: AAA Games
OPM are working with a long-standing partner in the Games Industry looking for a Lead Network Programmer to join their expanding studio focusing on constructing innovative multiplayer experiences.
The successful candidate will help build real-time networked systems, working with Designers and Programmers to implement key game features from conception to live deployment.
- Experience of leading small teams of programmers to successfully complete projects.
- Professional experience as a network programmer in games development.
- Strong understanding of game networking models and the pros and cons of each.
- Advanced understanding of server architecture and networking protocols used for real-time online games at scale alongside an associated knowledge of network and server security.
- Experience with hardware details of multiple game platforms, their associated capabilities.
- Experience with load testing and simulation.
- Experience developing and refactoring code in a live service environment.
- Strong C and C++ skills with the ability to write readable and maintainable code.
- Able to take an idea from a high-level concept through to implementation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with production to manage the day-to-day work of the Network programming team.
- Ensure that system designs are clearly established and communicated to relevant stakeholders.
- Proactively solve problems, working in collaboration with other discipline leads.
- Ensure that technical initiatives across the Network team are aligned with the studio’s strategy.
- Ensuring the technical quality and timely cadence of the Network team’s releases.
- Work closely with designers to realise creative objectives.
- Oversee the Network programming team and provide mentoring.
DESIRED SKILLS (GOOD TO HAVE):
- Experience with AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Previous line management experience.
- Experience leading teams working in a remote capacity.
- Interest in UGC games.
- Good benefits package
- Private health and life insurance
- Income protection and bonus scheme
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 426!