Project: AAA Games
OPM’s client is a world-famous developer with studios in multiple countries. They are currently seeking an experienced Lead NPC Designer to join their passionate and talented team.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Extensive experience in the game industry working in a game design capacity
- Solid experience leading/managing a team with work on shipped titles
- In-depth knowledge of design processes including NPC design, feature design, level design, content design, as well as experience implementing features and content
- Outstanding communication skills across teams and cultures
- Motivation and drive to collaborate and advance positive change in a studio environment
- Able to work diligently while thinking critically and resolving complex issues
- Lead the NPC design team through direct mentorship
- Support in the creation of the Content Bible for the game
- Develop the game world through the NPCs of the game following the Creative Direction and Content Bible
- Establish quality goals, workflows, and guides for all NPC relevant elements
- Work alongside and build relationships with designers, writers, and partners
- Plan and direct the creation of NPC content, including conception, presentation, iteration, and documentation (scenarios, missions, characters, etc.)
- Enhance all mechanics where NPC content is involved, such as AI systems, encounter pacing, NPC archetypes and one-off NPCs, spawnpoint placement and patrols, etc.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!