One Player Mission are proud to be working with a worldwide publisher, developer and distributor of interactive entertainment, whose biggest franchise has sold over 7 million copies worldwide.
They have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive Lead Online Programmer to join their busy studio and support driving their games forward as they experience exponential growth.
- Extensive Programming Experience in UE with experience in a Lead/Senior role
- 2+ Shipped AA/AAA titles
- Strong C & C++, real-time, cross-platform, client-server & p2p skills.
- Gameplay Replication experience, Player Authentication, low-level (TCP/UDP Packet) Comms
- Experience debugging multi-threaded Client/Server symbol-less systems in a run-time environment.
- Replication Frameworks for entire game / gameplay systems.
- Match-Making, Late-Join and Host Migration implementations
- Network Infrastructure & Optimization (preferably for PSN/XB eco-systems)
- Optimized Client Prediction Methodologies
- Optimized Packet Compression/Decompression strategies for games
- Exposure to AWS or other Cloud Service Provider technologies
- Design and implementation of the required online solutions for the game, coping with the design intentions and the technical requirements to secure performance
- Architect from high level systems to low level performance tweaks in c/c++
- R&D of new technologies applicable to the game, in synchronization with Lead Developers, and compatible with all target platforms
- Understanding of all game engine systems to work with and discuss needs from other departments and participate on the generation of cost-effective pipelines for online
- Coordinate with QA, Build Engineers and the Design teams to define the best coding processes that balances rapid iteration with stability
- Coordinate with the rest of coders establishing programming guidelines, quality goals and performance budgets related to online functionalities
- Understand, plan and work on any required engine, online and optimization in coordination with the rest of the code team (engineers and gameplay programmers)
- Reports to the Lead programmer
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 426!