Job Type: Permanent
Project: Console and PC Games
Our client have a track record of working on some of the world's biggest and best games and received two BAFTAs for their work. As the scale and exclusivity of projects continues to grow, there’s never been a more exciting time to join them!
They are looking for a Lead/Principal Technical Artist, capable of being the bridge between the Art and Programming teams. You will be well versed in various areas of the game development process from creating and maintaining pipeline tools to directing and supporting optimisations.
- Extensive production experience working within the games industry
- Ideally at least 3/4 shipped titles (preferably AAA)
- Experience of production level shader work and optimisation within Unreal Engine 4
- Strong understanding of the creation of shaders within Unreal Engine 4
- Be highly experienced with blueprints and their implementation
- Knowledge of platform strengths and limitations
- Experience with performance profiling tools such as PIX/Razor/In-Engine tools etc.
- High levels of aesthetic attention to detail
- Familiarity working and developing in a multi-platform, multi-project environment.
- Experience with other programs such as Substance Painter / Designer. Zbrush etc
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Work closely with Art Leads to deliver artistic vision within the project requirements
- Proactively use knowledge and experience to identify & solve problems before they affect the development team
- Implement new techniques that increase the quality and efficiency of the art created
- Direct art optimization efforts, informing best decisions, ensuring content remains at high visual fidelity on a wide range of platforms
- Be the bridge between art and programming teams and collaborate effectively with both
- Creating and testing any new tools before deployment into production
- Document and knowledge share
- Regularly communicate technical constraints and their reasons to the art team
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support
- Annual Bonus & Annual Salary Reviews
- Enhanced Mat/Paternity & Adoption pay
- Free Income Protection Scheme -up to 75%
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Career Development
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call us directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!