OPM's client has a rich history in games with multiple studios across the globe.
They’re looking for a talented Lead Producer to join their team in creating a new open-world multiplayer survival game.
As a Lead Producer, you will be responsible for enforcing the overall vision for the direction and quality of the game, as well as overseeing, coordinating, tracking and managing the activities of the team to ensure that project goals are completed on time. Our client expects you to provide progress updates to studio leadership, and to coordinate and manage with internal Brand/Marketing, external Marketing, Outsourcing resources and first party console resources.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, highly organized, and detail oriented with the ability to coordinate, track, and guide activities of the development team to ensure that projects are completed on time and with high quality. Exposure to formal project management techniques in an internal development environment is a must; experience building and maintaining schedules is necessary.
- An established career in game development experience with strong experience in an internal development Production role
- Been credited on at least 2 shipped AA+ multi-platform title in a management position
- Experience working with larger projects across multiple time zones and gathering feature requests from multiple stakeholders
- A demonstrated understanding of various Project Management methodologies including Scrum/Agile, as well as good organizational skills and an ability to balance project demands with high quality
- A demonstrated ability to mitigate risk and prioritize features based on their cost and risk versus their value to the project
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Proficiency with project management tools such as JIRA
- The ability to drive teams of developers to ensure timely deliveries
- Good people skills, and approachable attitude towards colleagues and other stakeholders
- Excellent communicator in speech and writing
- A calm and deliberate approach within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- An understanding of open-world games, their feature and retention values, and the ability to make production decisions based on that understanding
- Ability to challenge and support the game producer, creative director, Business and Marketing to ensure the quality of the connected game experience
- Experience managing external developers/resources
- Deep knowledge about game development processes for engineering, design and art
- Experience with post-launch support and content updates
- Scrum Master certification
- You will work with the Executive Producer, other Producers and discipline Leads to prioritize and manage complex organizational and executional issues and determine resources necessary to complete the project.
- Manage Producers and help them in solving higher level complex project management issues using project management tools, production methodologies, and leadership level dialogue to maintain tight schedules and high standards of quality.
- Identifying and fixing bottlenecks, as well as clearing roadblocks both on the day-to-day and in the longer term.
- Responsible for enforcing the overall vision for the direction and quality of the game
- Overseeing, coordinating, tracking and managing the activities of the team to ensure that project goals are completed on time.
- Provide progress updates to studio leadership, and to coordinate and manage with internal Brand/Marketing, external Marketing, Outsourcing resources and first party console resources.
- Co-ordinating with Lead Producers in our Clients other studios, as well as assisting with content creation for game development and assisting with quality control of all products.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214413