One Player Mission are pleased to be working with an exciting, independent studio based in Toronto. Recently they launched the sequel to their multi-million copy selling original.
They are seeking a Lead Programmer that enjoys collaborating closely with the engineering team to build a technically excellent game across multiple platforms.
- Proficiency in C++
- Deep professional video game programming experience
- A strong and efficient communicator with excellent management skills
- A bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineers, or equivalent.
- Previous leadership/mentorship experience, or leadership interest and potential
- A good knowledge of programming languages and software engineering practices
- Knowledge in developing AAA titles on multiple console platforms
- Experience in unreal 4 or similar engines
- Comfortable wandering around unexplored game design territory, and excited to help refine ideas into shippable features
- Lead and manage a programming team at technical and personnel level
- Provide estimate time to complete programming task/objectives and be committed to meet them
- Help in setting up best practices for coding and conduct regular code reviews
- Setup a process to review the game on a regular interval during development cycle and identify area of improvement
- Collaborate directors, designers and production to ensure efficient development practices
- Ensure that solid coding practices, technical briefs and code reviews are maintained
- Maintain regular internal communications and encourage a positive and ambitious team atmosphere
- Demonstrate good leadership, enthusiasm and sense of commitment
- Take responsibility for recruitment, on-boarding, development and professional training of the programming team
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call us directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214418