One Player Mission is proud to be working with an independent video game studio initially based in London now offering a flexible remote model. The client is a studio filled with creative minds who deeply love making games, with an extensive history of original development.
The studio are very excited to be working on their new large-scale survival MMO and are looking for a Lead Unreal Engineer to help them achieve their goals. You will work closely with other members of the team to develop their game on next-generation platforms.
- Responsible for the underlying architecture for the game or backend systems.
- Oversee the work being done by any other developers working on the project.
- Be sure that the best practices, development processes, and coding standards are followed by all team members.
- Act as a mentor for new or junior software developers or programmers, as well as for all the members on the development team.
- Ownership of development plans and have supervisorial responsibilities in delegating work and ensuring that software projects come in on time and under budget.
- Deep professional experience in game development at a senior or lead level
- Excellent knowledge of software architecture and software patterns
- Prior experience in managing teams of programmers
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4
- Large experience with C++
- Strong communication skills
BONUS POINTS (Good to have):
- Experience working on one or more released titles
- Understanding with working on large scale networking projects
- Prior experience working on multiplayer games
- Knowledge of Agile principles and methodologies, including SCRUM and KANBAN
- Experience working remotely with a third-party development partner
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!